Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving was fairly quiet this year. We had planned on traveling to Boise to see Tim's family but with my Dad near the end of his life, we decided to stay close to home. We visited my Dad during the day and then my Mom was able to join us for dinner.
This is the first year without my Grandmother and with Dad absent, it didn't really feel like Thanksgiving. We didn't even eat turkey, Tim wanted ham instead (he had already eaten turkey once this year so felt like that was plenty! Sounds an awful lot like his Dad, Papa Bob!)


Yesterday we had a few flakes of snow, but today it is really coming down. Winter must be here! I just hope we don't have 94 inches in town this year, that was a bit much for the roads and those of us who grew up driving during Virginia winters! Tim says let it fall, he is ready to ski!










No comments: